IIVI Form Campus
Upper St. James Street, Newport
Isle of Wight. PO30 1LJ
Tel. 01983 522886
Fax. 01983 826335
Year 12 Law Students:
International law firm CMS award up to four bursaries annually which pay £2500 a year for each year of an undergraduate degree. Additionally, all students invited to interview are offered mentoring support and help with their UCAS applications and the LNAR as well as the potential opportunity of work experience.
The bursaries are aimed at high achieving students (predicted ABB) who will be in the first generation in their family to go to university. Applications are through an essay competition in June. Students can register now at http://graduates.cms-cmck.com/routes-into-law/bursary-scheme/.
YEAR 12 RESIDENTIAL SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAMME:JULY 2013
The University of Surrey will be holding the following Year 12 Residential Summer Schools during July 2013:
· Science and Engineering Summer School: 3-5 July 2013
· *Nursing Summer School: 17-19 July 2013 (*New for 2013!)
Further details and the application forms are available on our website:
UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE: YEAR 12 SUBJECT MASTERCLASSES
Subject Masterclasses are large-scale events which provide participants with the opportunity to explore both arts and science-based subjects that they are interested in studying at University and may not previously have experienced. The day includes two lectures, an introduction to the admissions process, and the chance to hear about student life from a current undergraduate student. The days run on selected Saturdays from February to April. There are approximately 200 places for each Masterclass, and a £10 charge per class (or £15 with lunch included).
- Students can register and book online via the website.
- Early booking is essential, particularly for popular subjects.
- Applications close one week before each Masterclass or earlier if the session is fully booked.
Oxford Regis Summer School specialises in providing international summer programmes for students aged 14-20 years old, entirely residential within the Colleges and Halls of Oxford University.
Each students chooses one core subject plus one workshop subject in addition to social activities and cultural day trips.
The core subjects are: English Language; University Preparation; Business and Economics.
The workshop subjects are: Team Building, Leadership & Management; Public Speaking and Debate.
This two week programme runs from Sunday 14th July to Saturday 27th July 2013. All meals and full accommodation are included in the course fee as well as the cultural activities, social programme and day trips ( to London and Blenheim Palace). The course fee for a student in 2013 is £2295.
Students can apply online at http://www.oxfordregis.co.uk/apply
Please ask students to see Lindsay Bonser or Naomi Smy for further information.
Applications are now open for the British Exploring Societies “Gap Year Expedition to Oman” in January 2014.
For students aged between 18 and 25 to journey into the Arabian Peninsula for a 4 or 8 week expedition.
You can apply online now at www.britishexploring.org
The University of Nottingham Medlink Workshops 2013:
· Nursing 7th – 8th July 2013. This conference reflects the role of a nurse through a variety of presentations and practical’s that offer an insight to and preparation for the many role of a modern nurse.
· Medsim 6th – 7th or 13th-14th July 2013. This conference offers patient contact and practical’s to strengthen a UCAS application.
· Vetsim 8th – 10th July 2013. This conference offers clinical experience and exposure to a range of animals and the opportunity to qualify for the Marine Mammal medic certificate at the course.
There is a fee to pay for each course and students can tailor make their programme by adding other workshops on. Please apply by the end of April 2013.For more information please see Lindsay Bonser or Naomi Smy in the Information, Advice & Guidance department.
The Design Triathlon, run by University of Southampton inconjunction with The Sutton Trust, challenges you to design craft for air, sea and land. Join us in this unique opportunity to find out what life is like at university. Please see the Design Triathalon Flyer below for full details.