Certificates are now available for collection.
Joe Davies, Year 13 student and member of the VI Form Student Voice, hailed 'Inspiration to Isle of Wight' after LGBT+ speech in the House of Commons. #Proud!
The Island Innovation Trust would like to hear from anyone interested in being one of their representatives on the Governing Body that has responsibility for Carisbrooke College and Medina College; governors appointed by the Trust are called Foundation Governors. A Foundation Governor must be wholly supportive of the vision and values of the Trust and details of the Trust can be found on its website at http://www.islandinnovationtrust.org.uk
In summary, the Trust is committed to:
- Raising standards in education and improving the health of the community;
- Unlocking talent and enterprise; as well as
- Raising the aspirations of the community and embedding an ethos of lifelong learning.
If you are interested in becoming a foundation governor, we would be pleased to hear from you. Most meetings are held in the early evening on Mondays, but the ability to visit the colleges during the day and participate in interviews for staff, meetings with parents and so on would be particularly helpful. The Trust is interested in speaking with individuals with a range and level of different skills and experience. At the moment there is a particular need for 1 person who could bring financial skills and experience to the Governing Body.
All governors are expected to:
- Attend two meetings of the governing body per term;
- Be a member of one of the three governors’ committees which are: Resources, Aspire & Achieve and Welfare & Community
- Support one-off committee meetings during the school day such as discipline or appointment panels;
- Support functions of the colleges, mainly outside school hours; and
- Undertake the necessary governor training on a regular basis (at least annually).
The selection criteria used to recruit the foundation governors will be:
- Sign up to the Trust’s vision and values;
- Have appropriate financial skills and/or experience;
- Have relevant experience, such as being a governor (desirable but not essential)
- Link to one of the Trust organisations (desirable but not essential); and
- Have the time and availability to commit to the role.
Applications are now being welcomed from current Year 11 Students who would like to join us in September 2018.
The Trustees, Governors and College leadership teams are delighted to announce it has been another great year for the students and staff of the Island Innovation VI Form, we are very proud of everyone’s achievements.