Information, Advice & Guidance
Information Advice and Guidance –VI Form Campus
The Careers Team have a wealth of experience and are on hand to offer information, advice and support in your decision making for the future. Whether you want to discuss applying to Oxbridge, finding an Apprenticeship, preparing your CV or deciding how to spend your Gap Year then the team can support and guide you through the process.
We have developed strong links with Partners, Employers both locally and nationally to provide students with meaningful opportunities during their time at VI Form.
Events offered throughout Year 12 and 13: (This is not an exhaustive list)
• Work Experience
• University Preparation –including Oxbridge specific
• Visits and Trips to Universities/Subject Specific Taster Days
• Residential trips
• Parent and Student Information Evenings/Days –Student Finance, UCAS Preparation
• Year 13 Mock Interviews
• Attendance at Open Evenings
• UCAS Convention (Hampshire )
• Access to Southampton
• Medical/Medicine Specific Events
• 1-1 Careers Interviews
• Various Presentations – whole year groups
• Speaker Weeks (variety of guest speakers visiting to talk to students)
• Employer and Partner Engagement
Students are welcome to make appointments or drop in any time. The Careers Department can be found within Student Services at the Campus.
We pride ourselves in offering every opportunity that is available, no matter how big or small. This is such an important time in your life and the support you receive from us will help you to make better and informed choices for the future.
Mrs Naomi Smy - named Careers Leader
Labour Market Information for Parent/Carers and students:
Post 16/post 18 apprenticeships: