This is a two year course based 100% on coursework which is designed for students wishing to gain employment in the health and social care sectors or progress to further study at a higher level. The course is suitable for those who wish to follow a career in the caring industry, social work, nursing, speech therapy, podiatry, youth and community work or radiology.
5 GCSEs grade A*- C including a B grade in English and a C grade in Mathematics.
Health and Social Care Level 2 with achievement of at least a merit and tutor recommendation or NVQ Level 2 (in relevant subject area) with tutor recommendation.
OPTION 1 – Single Award. BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Health and Social Care (equivalent to 1 GCE A Level). This includes 6 units over 2 years which may include:
- Developing Effective Communication
- Equality, Diversity and Rights
- Health, Safety and security
- Development Through Life Stages
- Caring for Children and Young people or Caring for The Elderly
- Working in the Social Care Sector or Working in the Health Care Sector
OPTION 2 – Double Award. BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (equivalent to 2 GCE A Levels). This includes 13 units over 2 years include those in the Subsidiary Diploma plus:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health
- Personal and Professional Development*
- Sociological Perspectives
- Psychological Perspectives
- Complementary TherapiesCaring for Individuals with additional Needs
- Dealing with Challenging Behaviour
* Unit 6 requires 100 hours work experience which arranged by the school and carried out during school time.
This course is continuously assessed using written assignments.